March 6 Progress Update

Hey, I’m back with a small progress update. Keep in mind that the v1.5 update is about tweaking and improving the backgrounds, so don’t expect big changes. Also, the 3D Objects are taking more time than I expected it would because some of the upscales are not good at all and I’m recreating those textures. That said, here are the news:

  • New upscaled backgrounds:
    • This room has been remade with new Gigapixel and ESRGAN upscales and manual tweaks. This is the only image I’m showing because the improvements of the other textures aren’t that noticeable (fullscreen comparison available here):
  • Fixes on Capcom’s new backgrounds.
  • 3D Objects:
    • I’m still tweaking it a bit, but it’s mostly the definitive texture (fullscreen comparison available here).

I also want to show a little teaser of something that may be included in the v1.5 release, upscaled cutscenes.

I'm still fiddling with the files, so it's kind of a work in progress proof of concept. Here are two random frames from the video comparing it to the original (frame 1, frame 2). It's not a huge improvement, but it's better considering how the source file looks like.

Comments

  1. The day 2.0 becomes a thing, will be the day I'll take a long 2-week vacation off work just to play through the entirety of this in every way/style imaginable. This is now basically getting to be on par with the RE4HD project's amount and quality of work. Sigh...if only someone would've had done same for Code Veronica, Parasite Eve or (ESPECIALLY) Parasite Eve II, and Dino Crisis 2...oh well.
    Beggars can't be choosers, I guess. Considering that AI tech became a thing in modding scene only recently, it has only started gaining momentum, so I guess it's only a matter of time now. I'll wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm extremely hyped to play through the Remaster again with 1.5

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly can't wait until you release this update! The original is already far superior than anything released for this game.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Men. Your work is incredible. The changes are perceptible. I liked it so much that I bought the game on Steam and it worked perfectly. Thank you very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Hope you enjoy the game 😉

      Delete

    2. Let me make a correction. The changes are much more than perceptible. They are amazing!!! I'm delighted with your work. Congratulations.

      Delete
  5. There's such a noticeable improvement from vanilla, I'm really looking forward to playing with your upscale! Any progress on 1.5?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still working on it but there's not much to show yet, so I'm waiting until I have something meaningful to post a new progress update. I'm quite busy with irl stuff and most of the new stuff (backgrounds and 3D models textures) needs to be manually done/tweaked with the graphics tablet so it's going a bit slow.

      Delete
  6. @Shiryu Hello Sir, thanks you so much for your hardwork, RE1 are my favorite RE since the begenning and see you working on a texture update.. I'm very gratefull to you Sir!
    Thanks you again!
    Best regards
    Jean-Paul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your work, its really sad capcom was too lazy to do something with this remake .

    ReplyDelete

Popular posts from this blog

REupscale Project v1.5a Released

Release Time

Nexus Mods & Status Update